08 June 2018

Favorite Fit


I think I've finally found it. I think I've found my "signature style."

From a young age, I've never been comfortable with wearing clothes that were particularly feminine or tight-fitting. I just never felt myself in them. Even when I liked what I was wearing, it never seemed like a genuine representation of my true self.

A few years ago, I bought a pair of boyfriend jeans from H&M. It was then that I started to realize that comfort was most important when expressing yourself with fashion. And I don't mean comfort as in comfortable fabric or comfortable fit. When I put on those boyfriend jeans for the first time, I felt comfortable in my own skin. I felt like I was making a statement, a true statement about what I wanted to artistically express with my clothes. It wasn't long after when I discovered culottes and I learned this is what worked for me.

I still keep a Pinterest board of outfits that inspire me and reflect my personal style and I've found myself leaning more and more to shapes that mirror menswear. There's something so incredibly chic and bold about it, although the clothes themselves are pretty simple.


No comments:

Post a Comment