06 March 2016

Charlotte Tilbury Makeover


I recently had the opportunity to get a mini-makeover at the Charlotte Tilbury counter at Nordstrom Fashion Valley. The reason for my visit was to get a sample of the new Magic Foundation. When I am able, I like to get color matched by a professional makeup artist so that I'm not standing around the counter like a bumbling idiot trying to see which shade looks best on me.

Luckily that day, my friend's girlfriend was working at the Charlotte Tilbury counter and did more than color match me. She asked me if I wanted her to do up my whole face and I'd have been idiot to say no. Tracy pulled out all the stops and began with skin prep. I was able to try to a handful of the skincare products, including the Magic Cream.


For my mini-makeover, I chose the Golden Goddess look. I was super dressed down and was going to Costco afterwards to go grocery shopping so I didn't want anything too heavy. On top of all the products in the Golden Goddess Kit, Tracy also used the highly coveted (and rightfully so) Filmstar Bronze & Glow sculpting palette on me. It's definitely earned a spot on my wishlist! I also was able to try on the very famous Lip Cheat in Pillowtalk. I've only ever swatched it on my hand once when I visited her shop at Covent Garden, but actually having it on your lips is totally different! I also loved that it paired so nicely with the K.I.S.S.I.N.G Lipstick in Stone Rose. Both have also earned spots on my wishlist.


I was really impressed with the Magic Foundation and decided to purchase one for myself. It is definitely full coverage and needs a primer, but it is so long lasting and hardly ever transfers when blotting. I wore it when I went to the Philippines, in the hot humid weather and it stayed on, without sliding or anything. It has a very moisturizing feel to it and the finish is demi-matte. I am honestly in shock and do think it's worth the $44. I've bought foundation more expensive than that and Magic Foundation has outperformed them. I would say it's comparable to Estee Lauder's Double Wear foundation except the Magic Foundation is probably more natural looking. 

Charlotte Tilbury Magic Foundation, close up.

Thank you again to Tracy for making me look like a Golden Goddess. I definitely felt like one! The Charlotte Tilbury Magic Foundation is available to purchase at Fashion Valley Nordstrom.


No comments:

Post a Comment