29 January 2014

NOTD | Essie - Chinchilly



Today's swatch is the second from my essie Holiday Collection Kit. If you own this particular nail polish, please tell me I'm not crazy. I swear it looks like a pale lilac color in the bottle. I thought it was going to be like that when I put it on, but it turned out to be a more soft grey color. I mean, I'm not complaining. I just was confused for a second. The color is still very pretty. I think I like this better than Turquoise & Caicos. Don't get me wrong, that color was brilliant, but I like the more Lokilow-key shades that aren't so much in your face. I think they look better with my skintone as well.

Which one do you prefer? Turquoise & Caicos or Chinchilly?


6 comments:

  1. I am not the biggest Essie fan but that shade is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! I hardly ever wore a color for longer than a week, but I love it so much I still have it on :)

      Delete
  2. This is such a nice neutral colour! Really like it :)

    I don't know if you've been nominated for the Liebster Blog Award yet, but I've nominated you here: http://elfsbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/2014/02/the-liebster-blog-award.html. Its like a fun get to know everyone chain. So its there if you fancy doing it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I highly recommend that you get it ;)

      And holy cow thank you for the nomination! I really am quite flattered and thank you very much for visiting my little corner of the interwebs xx

      Delete
    2. Your welcome, I really like your blog, I've never tried Essie polishes before, I may have to treat myself :) x

      Delete
    3. Thanks! Love yours too. You're from the UK right?

      Delete