03 March 2016

Pevonia LipRenew Plumping & De-Age Treatment


Working at a spa definitely has its perks. Last week, we received a couple samples of the new Pevonia LipRenew Plumping & De-Age Treatment. With all this Kylie Jenner lip craze still in full force, I think Pevonia launched this product at just the right time. Not everyone is keen on fillers, and I'm sure most of us probably can't afford it so a cream like LipRenew definitely has a place in the market.

Here is what Pevonia claims LipRenew will do: 
Instantly plumps, decreases lines and folds and lifts for fuller, sexier lips.It deeply moisturizes and repairs with a power-pout blend: Collagen, Hyaluronic Acid, Sesame Seed Extract, Shea Butter and Capsicum.
Ingredients:
Water (Aqua), Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Collagen, Squalane, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Glycerin, Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Extract, Cetearyl Olivate, Sorbitan Olivate, Cetearyl Glucoside, Dimethyl Isosorbide, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Tocopherol (Vit. E), Pisum Sativum (Pea) Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Panthenol, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Hexylene Glycol, Capsicum Frutescens Fruit Extract.

This was probably one of the easiest trials I've ever done because I didn't have to wait weeks to see results. I literally waited about 10 minutes and was able to do a comparison right away. I started the process by cleaning my lips and then massaging a tiny amount of LipRenew. I used about half a peasized amount for this trial.


BEFORE APPLICATION

As you can see in my before picture, my lips aren't super thin. There are a few lines around my mouth, though I'm going to chalk that one up to dehydrated skin =P

Five minutes after application, my lips were very tingly, almost like they were on fire. Other than the tingling sensation, the other thing I noticed was the strong "body lotion" scent, which normally wouldn't bother me, but for a lip cream, it was a little bit weird. I was expecting something maybe more fruity, but it smelled so much like a body wash or body cream that it was a little off-putting.

TEN MINUTES AFTER APPLICATION

After 10 minutes, my lips reached maximum plumpness (that is a really ugly word, btw). How do I know this? Well, I took a picture of my lips an hour later and saw no real difference. The tingling subsided after an hour and a half and my lips felt very soft and moisturized. I think the cream blurred out some of the lines around my lips, though not by much. Judging from the picture, it definitely plumped up my bottom lip and the area just underneath my cupid's bow.

4 HOURS AFTER APPLICATION

At Hour 4, my bottom lip was still pretty plump, but it looked like my top lip had "deflated." However, my lips still felt very soft and moisturized. I didn't need to use chapstick or lip balm for the rest of the day and my lips were still soft the very next morning! 

LipRenew is a great quick-fix product that I would recommend to anyone interested in plumping up their lips without crazy chemicals or needles. Personally, I think the product works best if you exfoliate your lips prior to application. Also, if you want to apply lipstick or lip gloss afterwards, I would suggest waiting at least 10 minutes after application to do so.

Pevonia's LipRenew is available on their website for $55 for 0.5oz. 

No comments:

Post a Comment