17 March 2014

Swatch | NARS Blush in Douceur



Apart from lipstick, I also like to hoard blushers. A couple of weeks ago, I wanted to buy Illamasqua's Maneater as a little treat for myself. Who doesn't need another red lipstick right? By the way, the swatch for that will be up soon. I had to order Maneater online since they no longer had it at Sephora. I'm not sure how this happened, but I somehow convinced myself that I needed to order something else so that I could qualify for free shipping and save money. On that particular day, that made sense to me.

I really didn't know what to get so I decided on a new blusher. But then I didn't know which blusher to get so I perused through Steffi's blog to see if I could get any ideas. I stumbled upon her August Favorites and fell in love with her description of Douceur. I had to have it so it went right in my cart.

The blush retails for $30 at Sephora and I honestly didn't realize until now just how expensive it is. I mean for blush, really? I was on something else that day I purchased this...



I like to think of Douceur as a happy medium between pink and brown. It's not quite peach either, though it looks like it in the picture above. I've been using it everyday for the past couple of weeks and I've found that it works really well for contoruing. To me, it looks much more natural than actual contouring powder. It's also long lasting on my oily skin, which is always a plus. I give this blusher 2 very enthusiastic thumbs up!


4 comments:

  1. The blush looks super nice on you! I have yet to try a NARS blush because of the price but hopefully I'll get to try one sometime this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think I picked a really good one. I'm gonna be real honest though: the blush is gorgeous and perfect, but I'm still uncomfortable with the price tag. If it was the only blushed I used, I would be okay with it but since I have so many I'm still like, "I can't believe I spent this much on blush!!"

      I clearly still need to work on self-control >_<

      Delete
  2. Hi Nicole! This blush is very pretty! I don't have this kind of color in my collection. It's indeed quite expensive unfortunately. Your blog is very nice by the way :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lucie! Yes, it's one of those products you really have to save up for, but I can say is worth it.

      Btw, I love your name. It's also my niece's name :)

      Delete