04 March 2014

February Photo Diary

Okay, yah I know, it's now March. But lots of fun things happened last month so I thought I'd share with you all. I have been on social media hiatus for a week now so those who normally follow me on Twitter might be curious as to what's being going on lately... or maybe not.

Regardless, I thought I'd let you all in on the latest with me.

On Valentine's Day, I attended my cousin's wedding at Admiral Baker Clubhouse. It was on a Friday so I of course had to leave work early and since I had to leave early, I decided I'd go into work barefaced. It's a rarity for me to go anywhere where I know I'll be seeing people without any kind of make-up on. 


Fortunately, my skin was really good that day and I didn't have too much to cover up. The no-eyebrow thing was still a little weird though.

Our HR left some goodies for us in the break room for Valentine's Day that included candy and bananas... which had romantic(?) messages written on them...

Photo credit: Jorge @motoridersd

I didn't plan out what my make-up would be, but I knew I wanted some kind of green on my eyes because there was green on my dress. I was going to do an EOTD/FOTD post, but I was running out of time. I left my house at the perfect time and had I stayed just a few minutes longer to take better pictures, I would've been late. This was the best I could do and you can't even see my eyeshadow... -__-



I also didn't do my hair either, which I realized later on didn't really matter. Anyway, the ceremony was short and sweet and we got our party on pretty quickly.


Had to take a pic of my Pearla with her adorable pearl bracelet.
Me with my brother. And yes we are real brother and sister. And I know we do not look alike.




I was so genuinely chuffed that my brother rocked a bow tie because as we all know, bow ties are cool!

He also wore some marching shoes with his outfit...


Okay, they weren't really marching shoes, but they looked very similar to it and I made sure to make fun of him all night for wearing them.




It was one of the best nights I've had in a really long time. I love spending time with all my family like that. I was so exhausted that I slept in my make-up. I know, it's so terrible, but we all have nights like that.

I also went to the zoo last week. I can't remember the last time I went, but I know it was when I was still back in school and I had to go for one of my biology classes. It actually felt weird being there, just watching all the animals. I felt like I should've been taking notes or answering a questionnaire.


I don't even remember what this was, but I took a picture because I thought it looked like my cousin's english bulldog.

I now have a strange obsession with flamingos. I took lots of pictures of these guys.


I really liked this lion's mane. Ombre is obviously still "in" at Pride Rock.
That day we got to watch an elephant get a pedicure. This one was called Ranchipur. This was the first time I had seen an elephant this close. They're massive creatures.



Before leaving the zoo, I made sure to get something for my niece. I settled on a stuffed "algigator" and named him Mater.


Well that's all for February. I'll make sure to do another one for March. This social media hiatus thing is turning out to be a good thing. It's forced me to blog more and really gives you guys a more intimate look into my life. I hope you enjoyed this post and thanks for reading!


4 comments:

  1. Awww marching shoes?! I almost died!! PS Love the tortoises! They're my favorite! - Steffi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were adorbs. A few of them were really active that day. They were walking around like they had somewhere to go >_<

      Delete
  2. You're too adorable! I loved the dress you wore to the wedding. :D

    ReplyDelete