25 April 2012

Travel Bag Must-haves

I love traveling, though I don't do it as much as I'd like. Even weekend getaways are hard to come by, simply because people are either busy or broke. But even though I love to travel and could probably live out of a suitcase for months at a time being on my world tour and all, I also get extremely stressed out when it comes to packing my skincare products and make-up.

I don't worry so much about what I'd be packing in my suitcase, but more about what I'm going to be carrying on. The last couple of times I've flown, I carried most of my make-up and skincare stuff in my little backpack because heaven forbid they lose my suitcase and I am without my Eskinol. What would I do then?!

By the way, I'm totes excited to use my new Zara bag. It will eliminate the need to carry a purse AND a backpack; I'll be stuffing everything in there instead! Also, I'm excited that I'll be part of the Sisterhood of the Traveling Kindles =P

Anyway, here's my carry-on checklist. Maybe this might help some of you that may be traveling soon :)

Skincare:
- Babywipes/Make-up remover
- Facewash (travel size)
- Cellulose sponge
- Eskinol/toner (travel size)
- Cotton pads and Q-tips
- Moisturizer
- Aquaphor

Make-up:

- Foundation and primer (I was able to carry on a full size bottle the last time I flew)
- Compact/Powder
- Concealer
- Urban Decay Naked Palette
- Blush and bronzer
- At least two mascaras
- Brush kit in brush roll

- Eyebrow pencil and powder
- Eyebrow Gel
- Chapstick
- Lipgloss
- Lipstick (can double as blush!)
- Anastasia Brow Duality Highlighter
- Black eyeliner (I carry both pencil and liquid)
- Urban Decay Primer Potion

Hygiene:

- Panty liners

- Kleenex
- Deodorant

- Toothbrush & toothpaste
- Colgate Wisps

That looks like a whole mess of things huh? But trust me, it will all fit. Plus, about a quarter of those things I listed are currently in my purse right now and it's definitely not even half as big as that Zara bag.

Oh don't forget a neck pillow! I've brought mine during the last two long-haul flights I was on and I honestly would not know what to do without it. I actually got decent sleep on the plane. It's also nice to have when you have a long layover somewhere and want to take a nap. It may not fit in your bag, but you can easily hook it on your straps or even just your arm :)

Don't forget to bring your camera too!

Okay done yapping. I need to start blogging about make-up again soon, haha!

X x
Nicole

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the helpful list. I'm using it for my next trip. Hahaha! And calm down about your world tour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just because I didn't choose you as my opening act...

    ReplyDelete