30 April 2013

Product Spotlight - O.R.G. Skincare Organic Mineral Peel Face


Hey everyone! Today's Product Spotlight features ORG Skincare's Mineral Peel Face. Back in January, I went to IMATS in Los Angeles and had the pleasure of meeting some lovely people from ORG Skincare. As you all know, I'm a big skincare junkie and recently, I've really been into using products that have all natural ingredients. So naturally (hehe), I jumped on the opportunity to try their product. I don't usually like to review or do spotlights on products unless I've used them for at least a month. This is especially true with skincare products in case my skin reacts badly to something. Fortunately it never has with the Organic Mineral Peel Face. Please note that this was given to me as a gift and was not asked to give a review on it. My decision to write this spotlight was of my own accord.



You're probably wondering what this product actually does. Just to clear up any confusion and ease any fears, although the name says "peel" it actually isn't one. The ORG Mineral Peel is the new way to exfoliate. However, I shouldn't really say this is a "new" way to exfoliate since this product is influenced by ancient Korean methods of skin renewal. ORG Skincare just packaged it all up in a nice bottle and has made it accessible to us all.

The Mineral Peel face gently exfoliates the skin by getting rid of dead skin without the abrasive beads we're all used to with most exfoliators. This product contains all natural ingredients that help with anti-aging as well brightening the skin and controlling oil. I've found that this product fits into almost any part of my routine. I've used it before I've washed my face, after and in the mornings (in place of actual cleansing). My favorite way to use it is in the mornings because it smooths out my skin and provides a clean and flawless base for my make-up. I've also found that in between facials, the Mineral Peel keeps my skin from accumulating too much "gunk." I noticed that since I started using this, my esthetician spends less time on extraction, which is a blessing if you've ever had a facial before ;). This is so easy to use and has become a staple in my skincare routine. You just spray it on and rub the product in and watch it lift all the dirt and dead skin off your face. It's actually kind of disgusting, but cool at the same time haha.

One of the main reasons why I have taken so long to do a write-up on this is because I was having a hard time trying to do a demo that could truly display how great this product is. After a couple of weeks of trial and error, I've realized that there really isn't any other way than to see for yourself. But since I can't exactly go to everyone's houses and do a demo, I figured pictures will do the trick for now.

This demo was done in the morning, which is when I use it the most.

Before


This is after I've sprayed the Mineral Peel onto my skin and rubbed off gunk and dead skin. So NO those aren't boogeys.



After (rinsed with warm water)


The After picture probably doesn't look any different from the Before picture, but my skin actually feels a lot smoother (seriously feels like a baby's bottom) and hydrated after using the peel. I've asked the folks at ORG Skincare about how often you should use it and it is safe to use everyday. However, I've found that if I use it everyday, my skin dries up a bit so I now only use it every other day. Oh, I just want to add that the redness you see is not from the peel. My skintone is just very uneven. And yes, I am really that pale. I'm a vampire.

I really do believe in this product and if you have questions, don't be afraid to ask. Or if you want more in depth information, visit ORG Skincare's website. This can be purchased on their site for $44 and is worth every penny!

Happy Exfoliating!


7 comments:

  1. Hey, I've heard so much about this product and how good it is! I would like to know what you use after this product or do you use it alone? Thanks in advance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ericka! I apply my moisturizer after I rinse the peel off. The peel is actually supposed to help with better penetration so your products will be more effective. If I use it at night it's usually right after I wipe my make-up off. In the mornings I use it in lieu of actual cleansing with a facewash. Hope that helped! And I use the Juice Beauty Green Apple Moisturizer in case you're curious.

      Thanks for your question and thanks for visiting!! x

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah I think they are up and coming. I'm definitely happy about this product.

      Delete
  3. can it helps in reducing acne & acne scars too?? i'm kinda interested in this product..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can only speak for myself, but I definitely noticed that I had less blackheads when I used it. My skin always feels that much cleaner and it's a great alternative to washing your face on those rare nights that you are way too tired to wash your face before bed, lol.

      It will definitely help with acne scars though, since it contains ingredients that brighten up your skin, like grape seed and licorice root extract. I can't vouch completely for that though because I don't use it by itself and I go in for facials regularly. Regardless, it's still a great product to have and I honestly can't live without it.

      Delete