08 August 2017

Spaghetti Cacio e Pepe w/ Arugula


I'm back with another recipe from Cravings! Again, I chose a recipe that my boyfriend wouldn't completely shun away and one that was (almost) fool-proof. I went with Chrissy's "Lemony Arugula Spaghetti Cacio e Pepe." I've made cacio e pepe before with just olive oil, some cheese and pepper, but this was a little bit more spruced up as it called for pancetta, arugula, lemon juice and copious amounts of red pepper flakes (which I'm learning is pretty much in every single recipe in this book).



This dish is really that easy to make and really tasty too. I thought the combination of the pancetta, lemon and arugula went really well together. I think next time I will add even more pancetta (I love me some meat) and maybe sub in another leafy green, as the arugula is a little too bitter and something my boyfriend won't touch.

I'm really enjoying this cook book and how it's helping my confidence in the kitchen. Cooking is becoming less stressful for me and is now more of a therapeutic learning experience. I intend to completely nerd out on this sh*t.

Until the next dish...

No comments:

Post a Comment