13 April 2015

Current Favorites #2


I'm back with my second installment of my current favorite products! This month I'm featuring my new favorite foundation: Make Up For Ever HD. I tested this foundation about three weeks ago and I have been using it since then. A few days ago, I decided I'd purchase a full-sized bottle. Yes, it is a bit pricey at $43, but it lasts forever because you barely need any. The coverage is medium buildable, and it is a demi-matte finish (at least on me). MUFE HD Foundation makes my skin look absolutely flawless without making it look cakey.


I have a huge gripe with most brow gels on the market, whether it's drugstore or high-end, and it's that most of them don't actually hold my brows in place. However, Maybelline's Brow Drama Sculpting Brow Mascara does everything I need it to. It tints and holds which is not something I can say for the countless brow mascaras I've used.

The Urban Decay Perversion Mascara has been a long time favorite of mine when it comes to layering mascaras. Alone, this doesn't do much for my eyelashes, but layered on top of another mascara, it does wonders. It volumizes and lengthens my lashes quite nicely without clumping. Another plus is that it is really really black.

MAC's lipliner in Soar has also made my list because of how nice it looks on my lips. Yes, I completely bought into the hype*, but I get why it sells out pretty much everywhere. I think Soar is a shade that works for everyone. It adds color to the lips without looking over the top. Yes, I wear it alone like Kylie Jenner, but sadly it only stays on for maybe an hour before it starts fading. It might just be my lips or the fact that this lipliner isn't meant to be worn by itself. Regardless, Soar has earned a permanent place in my handbag/make-up bag.




L-R: Brink, Desert, Bandit
ColourPop can do no wrong at this point. Yup, their products made my list again! The Super Shock Shadows in Desert and Bandit are the brown shades I have been searching for my whole life. I love using them together! Bandit is such a gorgeous warm brown. I sometimes just swatch it on my hand and admire its beauty. Though Desert looks more like champagne in my photo, it's actually has a more brown tint to it. The reason why it's showing up lighter is because it has a tiny bit of shimmer in it and it caught the light. It's great as a transition shade!

Like MAC Soar, I never leave home without ColourPop's Lippie Stix in Brink. They are similar in shade but Brink is slightly more rose toned, while Soar is a little bit cooler toned. It might be the first lipstick that I actually finish all the way through. That's how much I love it.

That's all for my current favorites. Hope you enjoyed it!!


*When I say "bought into the hype" I actually mean my bestfriend Steffi bought into the hype for me because she got it for me for Christmas. THANKS LOVE!

No comments:

Post a Comment