20 June 2012

Favorite Brushes for Daily Use

I'm always curious to see what people use to apply their make-up on a daily basis. The reason for this is because I'm always on the hunt for the best applicators. I hate the feeling of missing out on a good brush ;)

Here are the brushes I use on a daily basis:

FACE

1. Real Techniques Expert Face Brush:
Image source: realtechniques.com
I use this for my foundation. It's the best I've used so far and unless some other company comes out with some miracle brush that erases fine lines, scars and blemishes permanently, I don't think I'll be using any other foundation brushes for a while.


2. Sigma E40 Tapered Blending Brush
:
Image source: sigmabeauty.com
I initially bought this as a blending brush, but stopped using it as one when I got the E25. I now use this for concealer. It blends beautifully. Only problem with it is that it tends to shed a little bit.


3. Real Techniques Stippling Brush
:
Image source: realtechniques.com
I use this for my cream blushers. It blends the product in really well.

4. Coastal Scents Duo Fiber Brush:
Image source: coastalscents.com
This is the brush I use for powder blushes. I prefer it because it never picks up too much product.


5. Sonia Kashuk Powder Brush
:
Image source: soniakashuk.co
I use this for bronzer mainly.

6. Real Techniques Setting Brush:
Image source: realtechniques.com
It does exactly what it says. I use it mainly for the areas under my eyes, nose and forehead. I sometimes use this to dust highlighter as well or to blend in concealer.


EYES


1. MAC 266 Small Angle Brush:
Image source: maccosmetics.com
I honestly wouldn't know where I'd be without this baby. I use this to fill in my brows and you know me and my brows... I once almost left for a trip without this. My roommate had to remind me. The horrors that would've ensued!


2. Coastal Scents Classic Large Shadow Brush
:
Image source: coastalscents.com
I use this to apply my base shadow with, which is usually a nude shade of some sort. I also use it to apply shadow on my brow bone. 3. Coastal Scents Destiny Blender Brush:
Image source: coastalscents.com
I use this for the crease area.4. Sigma E25 Blending Brush:
Image source: sigmabeauty.com

I LOVE this brush. It's the closest you will get to the MAC 217 without making a huge dent in your wallet. It isn't as dense, but I still like it. Works beautifully.

5. MAC 263 Small Angle Brush
Image source: maccosmetics.com
This one is the synthetic version of the MAC 266 and I use it to apply eyeliner.


It looks like a lot, but do bear in mind that I do have days when I don't even bother with eyeshadow or eyeliner. I almost always use the same face brushes though. The two brushes I couldn't possibly live without are the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush and the MAC 266, mainly because foundation and brow powder are the two things I wouldn't dare apply with my fingers or any other tools. Honestly, I'd probably cry if I were without them.

Nicole x x

No comments:

Post a Comment