13 August 2014

Review | Urban Decay 24/7 Velvet Glide-On Eye Pencil


I've always been under the impression that most black eyeliners are created equal, to a certain point. I never thought I'd actually to come to strongly dislike something so trivial as eyeliner, but I think the Urban Decay 24/7 Velvet Glide-On eyeliner takes the cake. It was so... not everything I thought it would be. I have the original UD 24/7 eyeliner in Zero and I LOVE it. It has a great formula, glides on easy and lasts all day without smudging or transferring. I once wore it, watched an episode of Doctor Who, cried like a baby and it didn't fade or smudge. It's incredible.

Before I go off on the the 24/7 Velvet eyeliner, I'll point out some of the good stuff. It has good pigmentation and the shade Black Velvet is actually a nice dark black.


I did a side by side swatch with the regular 24/7 liner in Zero and you can definitely tell there's a different finish. The Velvet liner looks more matte, which I actually really like. Too bad it's just chalky as hell.

L: 24/7 Velvet Liner in Black Velvet   R: Original 24/7 Liner in Zero

And because it's chalky, it tends to flake. I've only worn it out once because the flaking was SO bad.


It's not cute when you've got a bunch of smudgy black dots all over your face. Apart from the chalkiness, it's also very soft. Here's the aftermath of my swatch:


At first, I thought I might've gotten a busted one, but I did a little research and found that many people had the same problems with this eyeliner.

In short, I would NOT recommend the UD 24/7 Velvet Glide-On Eye Pencil! Stay away! It sucks balls. Don't waste your $20*. But if you really want to spend $20, get the original 24/7 eyeliner. And if you want something cheaper, the Milani Liquid Eye Pencil is a good alternative.


*I didn't spend $20 on this eyeliner. It was included in one of my Ipsy bags.

No comments:

Post a Comment