12 June 2012

June Birchbox - Summer Jetsetter

Okay so I have to be honest. I haven't been completely impressed with my last two Birchboxes. They both have been too skincare focused and if you know me, I pretty much stick to the same skincare products for the most part, especially if they've been working for years so I didn't care too much about whatever they were sending me.

I wanted a lot more products that I would actually use (meaning less skincare stuff) and this time Birchbox did not disappoint! I was ready to cancel my subscription had this box been a flop for me, but I think I'll wait again until the next month ;)


Products Included:

1. tili Bag - This is just a ziplock bag basically, but with a cute and funky design. Good to put your liquids and make-up in for your carry-on or luggage. It's a pretty good size too, bigger than a sandwich bag. Oh speaking of carry-on and luggages, just some quick advice for you gals that carry on make-up: some airport security require that you put any kind of lipgloss, lipstick, mascara and basically anything in a tube, in a ziplock bag. If you do this before you leave, it'll save you some time at the airport ;)

2. Comodynes Self-Tanning Intensive - The box included two little packets of these towelettes. I remember seeing a YT guru raving about this. I can't remember which one it was, but I do know that it was someone that's based out in Europe (which is where they originated I think). I'm not big into self-tanners because I actually am very fond of my fair skin, but I recently saw a picture of me in a skirt and you know, it wouldn't hurt to add a little color to these legs. I will be trying these out this weekend. Wish me luck!

3. Eyeko Fat Eye Stick in Black - Okay so you know how earlier I said I was ready to give up on Birchbox? Well, as soon as I opened the box, this was the first thing that I saw. I've been wanting to try Eyeko products for a long time, but I'm always hesitant because I just can't bring myself to spend that much on mascara or eyeliner. Anyway, this can be used as a thick eyeliner or cream shadow. I'm sure this will be perfect for anyone that wants that intense smokey eye look. This product alone made this box totally worth the $10 :)

4. theBalm Stainiac Lip and Cheek Tint in Beauty Queen - Alright, I lied. This product and the Eyeko one made the $10 totally totally worth it. I also have been curious about theBalm products so when I saw this, I squealed with joy. I'm a big fan of tints and cream blushes because they always look so much more natural. I will definitely be using this on a normal basis.

5. Likewise Facial Moisturizer w/ SPF 50
- This moisturizer is for those with normal to oily skin. It apparently is good for those who are acne prone and it contains ingredients good for anti-aging as well. I probably will not be using this, mainly because I hate moisturizers that are targeted for "acne prone" skin. I always find that those don't do much for me.

Next up, I'll be featuring what I got in my first Glam Bag!

X X
Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment