14 March 2015

Current Favorites #1

Since I'm terrible at scheduled/monthly posts, I thought I'd just do a favorites post whenever the mood strikes. Also, I don't try a bunch of new products that often anyway so I think you'd probably get bored of seeing the same product every month.

Without further ado, here are my current favorite products...

Swatches L-R: Delice de Poudre #51, Tea Rose, Romantic Rose
I found myself going back to my old Bourjois Delice de Poudre Bronzing Powder because it really goes well with my skin. I own several other bronzers, including NARS Laguna, but this is the one that gives me the right shade of bronze. Laguna sometimes looks like I rubbed dirt on my face so I don't use it too often.

Of course I had to get myself a couple of the Milani Rose Powder Blushes. The shades I got were Tea Rose and Romantic Rose. They both have real good color payoff and while it's gotten mixed reviews, I think they both have worked nicely with my skin. Tea Rose gives my cheeks the perfect flush of pink, while Romantic Rose is more subtle and kind of reminds me of NARS Douceur.




Swatches L-R: Ethereal, Opal, Celestial, Hanky Panky
Since I've been obsessed with Korean make-up looks, these are the colors I've been using for the past month. The Pacifica Mineral Eyeshadow in Ethereal and Duo #1 are the eyeshadows that I received in two separate Ipsy bags ages ago. I tossed these aside for a long time, until recently, when I realized they are the perfect shades to use to achieve the look I was going for. The shade in Opal is actually an iridescent pink that is super gorgeous. I love using it on the inner corner of my eyes and center of my lids.

I've totally jumped on the ColourPop bandwagon and they have made a believer out of me. I love the shade Hanky Panky because it's just a really nice matte neutral brown shade that gives my eyes the right amount of definition, while still looking natural. Best of all, the formula is long-lasting. When I use any of my ColourPop eyeshadows with a good primer, my eyeshadow stays put all day, which is something that rarely ever happens. 


The Pixi Tinted Brilliance Balm in Unique Pink is a pH reactive lip balm, which basically means it doesn't have a true shade and depends on the pH levels of your lips. For me, it usually turns a nice shade of pink, sort of verging on magenta. This was another product I got from an Ipsy bag and had tossed aside. Even though Ipsy sometimes will send me really useless products (especially hair and skincare), there's always a gem or two and this is one of them.

Hope you enjoyed this first post of a new series. Let's pray I stick with it ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment